Gait analysis is a way to evaluate the gait cycle of a human and the synchronization of nerves and muscles during movement. Also, it helps with assessing, recording, capturing, and making any necessary corrections to correct walking.
FuturU Gait Analysis System |FGA200| uses 12000 sensors to capture and record foot pressure in gait cycle with 100 frames per second when walking, running or performing specific sports movements.
The FuturU gait analysis automatically separate the plantar to 10 regions for more detailed and accurate analysis of different segments and evaluate total vertical ground reaction force from heel-strike to toe-off. FGA200 can help Orthopedic surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Podiatrists, Technical Orthopedics, Physiotherapists and the field of Rehabilitation and Occupational therapy, Talent identification, etc.
Specialists who can use FuturU gait analysis system
Quantitative and statistical information about each person’s gait cycle can be of great help to health and sports professionals in more accurate diagnosis of complications or talents, providing a more effective treatment plan, tracking patient progress, and examining the effect of treatment.
Gait analysis examines how the body moves when walking or running from one location to another. One of the purposes of FuturU gait analysis system is to detect any abnormalities in walking. A person’s walking is a combination of complex functions in the visual, sensory (pain, pressure, heat, etc.), and skeletal systems of the body. Problems in any of these systems, as well as problems with the involved joints, can lead to visible abnormalities in walking. This quantitative information is obtained with the help of a gait analysis device.
Healthcare professionals, as mentioned, are as follows:
- Rehabilitation and occupational therapy
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Sports talent searching
What is the difference between the gait analyzer and the foot pressure scanner?
FuturU gait analysis involves scanning the foot and measuring the foot pressure distribution in the standing (static), walking (dynamic), and static balance analysis (similar to FuturU foot pressure scanner), displacements of the body’s center of gravity, differences in the two-foot phase, the distance between the two feet, the length of the step and strides, and detailed diagrams of kinesiology.
The most practical point is that it provides numerical outputs that are useful in research studies. Gait analysis system uses 12,000 sensors to capture foot pressure at a speed of 100 frames per second while standing, walking or doing any activity.
The doctor can simultaneously visualize the changes in foot pressure, the displacements of the body’s center of gravity, etc. with video images and connect with other medical equipment such as EMG and EKG.
Gait analyzers scan the foot at high speed and accuracy compared to foot scanners. As a result, more accurate and valid data is provided. Clinics with such equipment can offer their services to a large number of clients.
The client needs to receive short initial training from the specialist and operator on how to stand or step on the foot pressure scanner. But the gait analyzer is like a walking track and does not require any training for the client. On the other hand, due to the client ‘s not creating a sense of test, real and error-free data is recorded.
Our experience in designing and manufacturing plantar and foot pressure scanning sensor technology has enabled us to provide advanced devices with unique quality, correct performance and valid reports.
How is the gait analysis test performed?
The FuturU gait analysis is just a walking path, and the patient takes 3 to 5 steps along this path. There is a regular set of pressure sensors embedded in the mat under the patient’s feet which measures the dynamic pressure from the foot sole to the ground, the center of pressure during the gate, the length and time of each step, the angles of the foot and toes, etc., while doing the gait over time.
The FuturU gait analyzer report
This comprehensive report with accurate and valid data represents you
- Moving graphs and charts
- Foot and force chart
- Gait cycle table
- Step-stride table
- Balance screen
- Colorful maps and graphs of foot pressure
- Exact foot dimensions
- Contact percentages
- Foot axis
- Foot type
- Arch index
- Zone force
- COP coordinate
- And more other data
FuturU gait analysis can help with the following:
- Position and trajectories for center of pressure (CoP) during stance phases of gait
- Monitoring the progression of diseases such as osteoarthritis or muscular dystrophy
- Identify the source of muscular, neurological, or skeletal problems
- Discover the source of the patient’s pain when standing or walking
- Diagnose the bone deformity or skeletal mismatch
- Plantar pressure profiles of pressure distribution
- Force and pressure time integrals (impulse)
- Detect the muscle or nerve dysfunction
- Measure changes after treatment
- Improving athletic performance
Feature of FGA200:
- performing a complete analysis of two phases of stance and swings with one or two steps coverage
- present the scientific and clinical data in the form of time pressure graphs and raw excel data
- Display the pressure distribution of each foot and the diagrams of pressure, force and level
- Perform the tests in 3 modes: Static, Dynamic and Balance scan
- Display the center of pressure path during the walkway
- Auto detection of right and left foot
- Create records file for clients